I am passionate about software development. I am ambitious, and have been writing code for over 5 years.
I am currently working remotely for RenWeb, a company that makes school-related software. I fix issues that clients have, create custom reports, and develop new functionality.
I am not currently looking for work.
- I have written some Python, BASIC, Batch, VBScript, and Bash
- Operating Systems:
- Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 10
- Ubuntu (GUI and CLI)
RenWeb | April 2015 - [Present]
I work with a small team to fix issues that come in, and develop new features on software for over 4000 schools.
- I have created a label system so schools can print Mail Labels, ID Cards, barcodes, and more onto standard Avery label sheets.
- I have worked with REST APIs to sync school data with 3rd party school-related software such as LMS's and State Reporting.
- I work on fixing various issues. My debugging skills have improved a lot in this position.
Personal Projects | July 2008 - [Present]
- I wrote Tab Emitter, which provides a node.js-like Event Emitter object in the browser to emit events between multiple same-origin tabs
- I wrote Comics RSS, which serves RSS feeds for over 500 comic strips, which are generated by my automated script that scrapes gocomics.com
- I helped write Abstract State Router, which is a client side router, like ui-router, but without all the Angular
- I helped write Just Login, an email-based authentication library for node.js servers
- I have created hundreds of pull requests on Github to various open source projects
- I wrote Snake, Tetris, and an 8-Queens Solver in C
Well Rooted Gardens | May 2014 - April 2015
I worked part time for Well Rooted Gardens doing landscaping, and during the winter, we did snow removal.
Coding in the Wild | October 2013 - August 2016
Coding in the Wild was a group started by a professional developer. He invited people who were interested in software development to learn development techniques. We worked together to create a back-end node.js authentication module with an interactive website. We created Abstract State Router, which is like Angular's UI Router, but not tied to Angular. We also worked to create a chat room where users upload & play their music for the group, in a round-robin fashion.
TechnaPWN (VEX Robotics) | September 2012 - April 2015
I wrote RobotC code (based on C) for a VEX robot, including pre-programmed routines, teleoperation, slewed motor control, an extensive LCD menu system, and more. I maintained and updated the code throughout the entire season. Also, the previous year, I worked with two other team members to write and maintain the code-base. In April of 2014, I was too old to stay the team, but mentored them for a year.
Data Dragons (FLL, LEGO Robotics) | September 2008 - February 2013
Being on this team taught me about teamwork and basic robotics. The team took 1st place Robot Performance at Nebraska State in 2012. I was a mentor for the team during the 2012-2013 season.
- Josh Duff
- Tobias Davis
- Evan Hurd
- Developer, RenWeb
- Seth Dykstra (Family)
- On-Site IT Support, P&L Technology
- David Dykstra (Family)
- Owner of Millennium Construction (Omaha)
- Michael Dykstra (Family)
- Apprentice plumber, Schulte Plumbing